Scholarships - Joseph H. Levi Memorial Scholarship
Joseph H. Levi was a respected and well-liked teacher and coach at Tabb High School for 23 years until retiring in 2010. Just months later, Joe was taken suddenly by cancer.
A native of Philadelphia, Joe was a graduate of Villanova University. He relocated to this area in 1976 and was a government teacher for ten years at another local high school. In addition to teaching, Joe was a longtime coach of tennis and wrestling at both schools.
Teaching was Joe Levi's "stage." He loved using jokes and puns to entertain his students and made learning government and history fun for an audience of teens who typically find the topic boring. Often referred to by students as "my favorite teacher," Joe is remembered by family, friends, colleagues and former students for his humor as well as engaging political discussions. One former student said of him, "He gave you a sense that you could confide in him."
- Must be a Tabb High School senior who has actively participated in one or more athletic programs at Tabb High School.
- Must have achieved a cumulative GPA minimum of 2.5 or higher.
- Must have demonstrated participation and commitment to community service and activities.
- The total amount of this one-time award is $500, payable in full for the first semester.
- Deadline to apply is April 17, 2019