The Peninsula Community Foundation manages 14 scholarship funds which provide opportunities for deserving students to pursue a college education. Scholarships also, of course, are legacies that honor and memorialize those who came before, forever. For example, Carolyn Lackey, a Fort Monroe librarian for over 40 years, established a scholarship so that any Peninsula student would be able to go to college, (Click here for video).
Scholarships can be established by individuals, families, organizations and companies. Donors may also define the eligibility guidelines for candidate selection or designate a specific field, study or college to be attended. Fund Agreements for scholarship awards are customized to each donor's wishes.
To access information and criteria for specific scholarships administered by the Peninsula Community Foundation of Virginia, please click the appropriate link below or select from the Scholarships menu above:
- Apprentice School Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Thomas W. Doggins Memorial Scholarship (Tabb High School)
- Ferguson College Scholarship (Children of Ferguson Associates)
- Ferguson Trade School Scholarship (Children of Ferguson Associates)
- Arthur Lee Galloway, Jr. Memorial Scholarship (York High School)
- Henry Jordan Memorial Scholarship (Warwick High School)
- Kellam, Weaver-Fagan & Hastee Educational Scholarship (Bethel, Hampton, Kecoughtan, Phoebus)
- Susan & Edward Kritzman Family Scholarship (Single parents living on the Virginia Peninsula attending college)
- Joseph H. Levi Memorial Scholarship (Tabb High School)
- Trevor J. McLaughlin Memorial Scholarship (Bruton High School)
- Peninsula Scholarship (Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, York County, Williamsburg, James City County schools)
- Julie M. Sager Memorial Scholarship (Any senior Tabb, York, Bruton, and Grafton High School students pursuing a career in the field of education)
- James M. Stevens Memorial Scholarship (Any senior Hampton, Poquoson, or York County public schools)
- Michael J. Tylavsky, Jr. Memorial Scholarship (Bruton High School, Grafton High School, Tabb High School, York High School, York River Academy)
- Jean M. Yokum Scholarship (Graduate from a high school in Hampton Roads, in June 2020 and will be attending an accredited community college or university.)
To establish a Scholarship Fund at the Peninsula Community Foundation of Virginia, please contact Hal Brauer, email@example.com/757.327.0862.