The Peninsula Community Foundation manages 14 scholarship funds which provide opportunities for deserving students to pursue a college education. Scholarships also, of course, are legacies that honor and memorialize those who came before, forever. For example, Carolyn Lackey, a Fort Monroe librarian for over 40 years, established a scholarship so that any Peninsula student would be able to go to college.
Scholarships can be established by individuals, families, organizations and companies. Donors may also define the eligibility guidelines for candidate selection or designate a specific field, study or college to be attended. Fund Agreements for scholarship awards are customized to each donor's wishes.
Meet the Stevens
A Peninsula couple who have created a scholarship in honor of their son James to assist students with special needs. This inspiring video tells you why they established the fund and why individuals, families, and corporations may want to consider doing the same.
- Apprentice School Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Thomas W. Doggins Memorial Scholarship (Tabb High School)
- Ferguson College Scholarship (Children of Ferguson Associates)
- Ferguson Trade School Scholarship (Children of Ferguson Associates)
- Arthur Lee Galloway, Jr. Memorial Scholarship (York High School)
- Henry Jordan Memorial Scholarship (Warwick High School)
- Kellam, Weaver-Fagan & Hastee Educational Scholarship (Bethel, Hampton, Kecoughtan, Phoebus
- Langley Teacher Grant (coming Fall of 2021)
- Joseph H. Levi Memorial Scholarship (Tabb High School)
- Trevor J. McLaughlin Memorial Scholarship (Bruton High School)
- Peninsula Scholarship (Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, York County, Williamsburg, James City County schools)
- Julie M. Sager Memorial Scholarship (Any senior Tabb, York, Bruton, and Grafton High School students pursuing a career in the field of education)
- James M. Stevens Memorial Scholarship (Any senior with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Hampton, Poquoson, or York County public schools)
- Michael J. Tylavsky, Jr. Memorial Scholarship (Bruton High School, Grafton High School, Tabb High School, York High School, York River Academy)
- Jean M. Yokum Scholarship (Graduate from a high school in Hampton Roads, in June 2021 and will be attending an accredited community college or university.)
For more information about establishing a fund, please contact Hal Brauer Email/757.327.0862